Monday, October 6, 2014

The First Week Assignment Part I

Questions: How would you describe the current use of technology in teaching in Turkey? When you graduate and start teaching, what changes in the technology in education do you predict? Will the new technology make your job as a teacher easier or more difficult?

Answers:

1-) I think the current use of technology in teaching in Turkey is not enough but getting better. I remember my education history which is about 15 years. I have seen many devices in my education life. I remember overhead projectors, black boards, chalks but these have given place to projectors, new boards, computers and etc. . I know it is not enough for todays world, but also I belive use of technology in teaching in Turkey will be more sufficient.


2-) When I graduate and start teaching, I expect increment in distance education system because many universities started to support this model and many others are preparing to start. For now, this is common in university education but later, it could be in high school education, too. New education techniquies and devices may come up. It can't imagine what they can it be but I know the improvement in technology and it is not hard to say technology is already in education and it will continue.

3-)  I think it is about me. It is about how I use the new technologies. If I learn each part and each detail of the new technologies, I can apply these in my teaching career. I can't even imagine that the new technologies make my job more difficult because If it is so, it can't be a good teachnology and it can't be popular. Teachnology exists to make life easier to us.

2 comments:

  1. Good writing Kaan, thank you. As you cited, i also believe that in turkey, technological developments is growing up every passing day and until we graduated from univesity, it has been much better than today's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaan. I agree with you. Technology has improved day by day but this situation is not necessary for all people because of todays world. Thanks to developing technology rapidly, I do not predict difficult condition after 2 years. In addition, when you graduate from university, you will apply all new technology your lesson to improve your students about all areas .

    ReplyDelete